The Harrop HTV (Harrop Twin Vortices) supercharger system is a Roots-type supercharger manufactured utilising the latest Eaton TVS (Twin Vortices Series) rotating assembly. The Eaton TVS rotating assembly features twin four-lobe rotors, twisted 160 degrees. By comparison, the original Eaton supercharger features three lobes twisted 60 degrees. The fourth lobe and added twist, when combined with redesigned air inlet and outlet ports, creates a smoother, more efficient flow of air into the engine.
In addition to improved overall efficiency, the Eaton TVS supercharger has improved noise and vibration characteristics as well.
The Harrop/Eaton HTV1900 Series is a significant improvement over all previous Eaton HH based products on the market. This new Harrop/Eaton HTV range of superchargers are based on the latest Eaton TVS Generation rotating groups.
The advantages of this new generation rotating group are;
• Greater volumetric efficiency which enables the rotating group to “capture” more air per revolution,
• Less parasitic loss which takes less power to turn,
• Create less heat which equates to greater power levels,
• Incorporate a larger intake area which creates less turbulence and allows more air into the rotor ports,
• Quieter for that even more Stealth appearance