The XEDE is an interceptor style Engine Management System. It generates changes in fueling and ignition timing by changing the factory ECU’s load and crank reference input signals. It has the additional functions of two stage intercooler water spray control or potentially any other on/off or PWM function including injector drive for an additional injector. The XEDE can generate data logs and importantly can also store two separate programs which can be changed at the flick of a switch while driving – 98 Octane or 91 Octane fuel maps.
The XEDE Processor is a sophisticated tuning tool that gives any dyno programmer control over the engine management system without having to learn the fine nuances of each vehicle’s engine management system. The web based XMap software is available free to custom tune for accurate results.
How the XEDE Works
The XEDE Processor integrates with an existing (usually factory) Engine Management System. The operation of the XEDE is to modify the signals from the Air flow meter / Map sensor and the Crankshaft position sensor before the factory ECU sees the signals. By changing the values of these signals, the resultant outputs from the ECU will be changed.
- Most factory parameters are retained
- Cold start functions
- Idle control
Knock sensor functions
- Closed loop control
- Limp home operating strategies
- Fan and Air Conditioner controls
- Immobiliser function
Base Tuning Maps Supplied
- Bullet’s extensive database of performance programs collated from years of Supercharging vehicles can give you a great start point for further fine tuning on your vehicle
- Base maps can be emailed on request
- Ongoing local Research & Development
- Tuning email and phone support available
- Base program downloaded to suit specific application
- Two unique tuning map banks that allow optional setup for dual fuel map operation switched via a dash mounted switch
- Up to 400 adjustment points per tuning map
- Optional output for auxiliary boost injector or intercooler water spray
- Unit has a fully sealed, rugged and lightweight housing
- Live data display through XMap tuning software
- XEDE ECU with base map installed
- wiring loom
- dual map switch
- 2 Bar map sensor
- tuning software and vehicle specific wiring diagram
A 2 Bar map sensor will be included when purchasing the XEDE with a Bullet Supercharger kit.